BLOGMAS DAY 19-THE ULTIMATE RED LIP

C H R I S T M A S    D A Y    M A K E   U P    LO O K  1:
T H E   U L T I M A T E   R E D   L I P 

BLOGMAS DAY 19

Welcome to Blogmas day 19, just 6 days until Christmas, how exciting!!
If you are still yet to get your presents then check out yesterdays post. I included loads of super cute personalised gift ideas that will still get to you by Saturday- so make sure to have a look if you are in need of inspiration!

Today I am focusing on Christmas Day itself with the first of two blog posts focused on Christmas Day make up. This is a red lip and golden eye combo that looks so super festive and will last all day so no matter how hard you party, eat, or drink, your make up will look on point.

This is a super warm festive look, so if you prefer cooler toned make up be sure to check my blog tomorrow for a nude lip and silver eye duo.  






Base Products:

Initially use a face primer or illuminator, this will help your make up to last throughout the day and give your base that bright, fresh, and seamless finish.
Next go in with a matte base. Matte bases generally last longer than other finishes. They reduce the appearance of pores and are the perfect base for an all day look.  
Of course concealer is next and there is none better and longer lasting than than the collection lasting perfection concealer. Go for a lighter shade under the eye and it will keep your eyes brightened all day-even after all the food, drink and festivities!
Next Bronze up your look with the Classic Benefit Hoola-this is a warm bronze and will give great depth and warmth to your base look. 







The Main Event:

Now you've sorted out the base you need to create your look. 
First go in with a gold eye paint. These apply liquid and dry matte-perfect for a long lasting look. My favorite its The l'oreal 201. Next add some glitz because ITS CHRISTMAS! For this I've applied the primark pigment in gold! For a full review check out my ULTIMATE DUPES post. 
As its christmas day I've opted for a luxury highlight, and of course theres only one option when it comes to high end highlight and thats the coveted YSL Touche Eclat. Take this across the brow bone, down the bridge of your nose, your cupids bow, and in the inner and outer edge of your eyes to brighten and create a wide eye thin nose effect. 

Finally, its all about the lip. 
I go in initially with my Tanya Burr Wilde Safari-because what could be more festive than a pillar box red. I love the effect of the 3D Bourjois lip gloss so apply this to give a glossy full lip finish. To make this super long lasting use a red lip pencil, underneath.

I hope you liked this post and it gives you some useful tips and ideas for your christmas day look! 
Check in tomorrow for my icy christmas look, and let me know in the comments what you will be getting up to this Christmas! 



To make sure you never miss a post follow me on
R E A D    A G A I N:

BLOGMAS DAY 18-LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig