BLOGMAS DAY #7- FESTIVE RED LIP GUIDE

H OW   T O   A C H I E V E   T H E   P E R F E C T   R E D   

L I P   T H I S   C H R I S T M A S



*P R O D U C T S   &   R E V I E W S*

Its that time of year again, when we all bring out our festive red lip. I'm a big fan of a bit of rouge, HOWEVER, if you have read my Beauty Blunders post over on thenellybean blog. Then you will know the struggle I have had finding the perfect product to create my look.

I have tried out so many red lip products, but today I am reviewing FIVE, including; Rimmel, Tanya Burr, Ted Baker, NYX, and MUA-a real mix of Highstreet and High End products at a variety of prices, to help you make the best choice.








 

 T H E   P R O D U C T S 


RIMMEL KATE MOSS-107
This is the most berry tone of all the lipsticks. Its the one I've had the longest out of all the products and is an oldy but a goody. Its berry tone is perfect with a gold smokey eye for an evening look. Its not too wet looking but not matte either. It does transfer which is a shame but to stop it bleeding you can apply some lip liner.


MUA VELVET MATTE
This is a matte finish lipstick-its come up very berry toned in the picture but its much more red on. I LOVE this lipstick, but it does go patchy after a while. It applies wet and then dries matte. On the packaging it suggests that this is long lasting but when I put it up against the Ted Baker lip its didn't last as long. It one of those that stains the outside of you lip but the center goes patchy and flaky. If you keep applying it then you're fine but if you cant keep applying then maybe this isn't the product for you!


TANYA BURR COSMETICS-Wilde Safari
This is a glossy finish lipstick. Its moisturising which I love as chapped lips are something I am prone to this time of year and I dont need a lippy making it any worse. However the issue I have with this product is its transfer. It moves off the lips very easily and can smudge-a god lip liner does help with longevity, but its definitely something to look out for. This is perfect for a christmas party with glittery gold shadow and a great highlight on the cheek.


NYX-12
Another matte product that has an almost chalky consistency. Its so easy to apply and doesnt smudge easily which I L O V E. It does go patchy after a couple of hours and make your lips a little dry, but its not as cakey as the MUA product. Its one to have in your pocket to top up if you want a slightly darker matte shade.


TED BAKER 
My favorite red lip product at the moment. This I tested against the MUA lipstick and its far more long lasting and doesn't dry out the lips or go patchy. I like its moisturising properties, with its longevity this is what sets this lipstick apart. Its a stunning post box red and comes in a set which is so worth investing in- I managed to get mine half price in Boots last year so keep an eye out in the sales or pre-christmas cuts!

I hope this guide is helpful and gives you some ideas of what products are available and the best for different events! Comment below if you have any of them or what your go to lip is this time of year!



S I M I L A R   P O S T S:

BLOGMAS DAY 6: DIY PROSECCO CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES (V, DF)


H A V E   Y O U   R E A D:

VERY SS18 PRESS EVENT-WHATS IN MY BAG?


SHARE:

21 comments

  1. NYX is hands down my favourite for a matte lip! It works so well for me, plus their darker red shades are super pigmented 😍👌🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigment is amazing isnt it! Glad someone else likes them too!

      Delete
  2. They all look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all amazing! I'd really recommend any of them <3

      Delete
  3. Such a good post! I love reading comparisons to other brands. I have the NYX lipstick, but in a different shade. I think it's good for the price, but it does flake off which isn't pleasant haha

    Carly x
    www.prettystyleofliving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay so glad you like it! Exactly, its the only downside because the pigment and colour is fab!

      Delete
  4. I love the mua products but I get what you mean. By lunchtime you have to reapply! And nyx are one of my favourites 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rimmel 107 and its a firm A/W favourite, other products look great too though!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love reds this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that Ted Baker color ahhhhh need it now... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love Rimmel 107, it's my go-to for a berry red lip and I always rebuy this lipstick. I do find the NYX lipsticks a little drying after a while but they look so good! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Rimmel and NYX products look like they'd be the best colours for me as I prefer reds with blue undertones due to my paleness! I haven't actually tried any Rimmel lip products yet so I'd love to get my hands on that!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the Rimmel one, it's one of my favourites for A/W! I need to try the one from NYX as well, I'm obsessed with their products at the moment :)x

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes try it! Its so gorgeous and I've never found one with the same consistency before! thank you so
      much for your comment xx

      Delete
  11. The Ted Baker one is gorgeous, I need to try it!!

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you get it! Its honestly my favorite lipstick ever xx

      Delete
  12. oh wow these shades are so pigmented! The Tanya Burr one is beautiful I love that shade xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red lipstick has got to be one of my favourites. The Tanya Burr shade is definitely the best one! And what better reason to rock a red lip than Christmas time?

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Ted Baker but i never tried their lipstick snd that red really does look so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a sucker for red lips! I am so into these right now , thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig