BLOGMAS DAY 8: MUST HAVE MAKE UP CHRISTMAS 2017

M U S T   H A V E    M A K E  U P -  C H R I S T M A S   2017 


Happy Blogmas Day 8!

Today I am sharing my make up collection; how I sort it out and how I work out what I must have in my collection for Christmas and New Year. This gives me an idea of what I may need to get if my products are looking old or run out *think clumpy dry mascara, and scraping the pan eye shadows*.



This should give you an idea of what you need in your collection or what might be missing that you need to get.

I have broken down the post into BRUSHES, FACE PRODUCTS, EYE LINERS, LIPSTICKS, GLITTER POTS, FOUNDATIONS AND EYE SHADOWS. I'm going to break down, how to sort through your make up, decide what make up you must have, and which products you dont need.

MY   RIDICULOUSLY   EXTENSIVE   MAKE UP  COLLECTION

1) S O R T   Y O U  R  P R O D U C T S   I N T O   C A T E G O R I E S

EYE SHADOWS
MASCARAS
LIPS
EYELINERS
FACE (CONCEALER-HIGHLIGHTER-BLUSHER-BRONZER)
PALETTES
BRUSHES

 2) W O R K   T H R O U G H   Y O U R   C A T E G O R I E S

HAVE THREE STAGES:

  • PRODUCTS TO THROW
  • PRODUCTS TO KEEP FOR SUMMER
  • MUST HAVES FOR YOUR MAKE UP BAG

 M Y   B R U S H E S 




I have a mixture of brushes in my collection, including Real Techniques, Isabella Scott, Look Good Feel Better, and the Vintage Cosmetic Company.

I love all of these Brushes.  None of them shed hairs, loose their shape or hold onto too much product-this is my biggest bug bear with make up brushes. I didn't pay good money just for the brush to hold onto the product and my face to end up looking the same.

None of my brushes were in bad condition, so I popped all of them into my MUST HAVE CHRISTMAS MAKE UP pile.

MY MUST HAVE BRUSHES: ISOBELLA SCOTT CONTOUR BRUSH- REAL TECHNIQUES ANGLED BRUSH, LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER EYES ANGLED BRUSH, PRECISION SHADOW BRUSH.


C O N C E A L  E R:



Next I moved onto concealer.
Here I was in desperate need of buying some new products. Im an age old Collection lasting perfection concealer fan and had 4 of these in my collection that had no product left in them! I also had a finished concealer by the Body Shop. This is one I wont be re-purchasing. Although I loved its mixed of green and skin tone colour to cover up red and dark areas, it was too difficult to blend out and my powder always stuck to it. I'm also not a fan of stick concealers. I often find their texture to be too chalky. I honestly think that the shade was too dark for me too-so although I did use it all up, I dont think I'll be buying it again.
Finally, my Benefit Booing Concealer. I find this so sticky for under the eyes but I do love the high coverage of this to pop over spots or blemishes. I am currently on the fence with this but I love popping the highlight under my brow so this went into my Must Have pile. Whilst I popped the Collection one onto my TO GET list.

I'd love to know what you thought the Body Shop concealer all in one if you have tried it?


E Y E   L I N E R S 

*Halp!*

My initial thought when I saw this pile! I'm terrible for seeing a coloured eye liner, picking it up using it until I have to sharpen it and never using it again-WHAT A WASTE!

With these I got rid of any that I'd had for over a year but not used at all. I then recommend going through and checking which are dry and which still work. Now you have whittled the collection down pop the remaining colours suitable for christmas into your Must Have Pile.
I think Glitter Eye Liner is ESSENTIAL for christmas-layered over black winged liner it looks super festive. That also means a gel or liquid liner are also MUST HAVES. I like to have both and in waterproof for this time of year...my eyes are always crying when the weather gets cold.

MY MUST HAVES= MISS SPORTY LIQUID LINER, TANYA BURR COSMETICS GLITTER LINER & RIMMEL SCANDAL EYES GEL LINER. 

C O N T O U R   &   B L U S H  









This pile wasn't too hard for me to sort. I never use my PEACH blushes in winter so they all went in the SAVE FOR SUMMER category. I hadn't used up any of my remaining blushes so they went in my MUST HAVE pile.

I had just run out of my Benefit Hoola- but my amazingly kind Blogger Secret Santa (look out for that post coming up soon!) Got me a new one!! So I didn't need to add that to my re-purchase pile.

I'm not a fan of my posy tint I really find it stains the cheeks and makes my lips dry- so this is one I will finish but not re-purchase. On the other hand I LOVE my high beam & am so sad that its run out.

MY FACE PRODUCT MUST HAVES:BENEFIT HIGH BEAM-PRIMARK BLUSH DESIRE-URBAN DECAY EYE POTION PRIMER-BENEFIT HOOLA-SLEEK SOLACE HIGHLIGHT-PRIMARK MATTIFYING POWDER. 


G L I T T E R   P O T S  &   P I G M E N T S 


Whats a festive party without a TON of glitter. Shimmer pots are essential for the party season! I LOVE the Tanya Burr Glitter pots and the Barry M dazzle dust. For me golds and silvers are essentials.

MY GLITTER POTS MUST HAVES-TANYA BURR COSMETICS-BARRY M DAZZLE DUST.

L I P S T I C K S 

 My lipsick collection AFTER cutting it down this was by far my most extensive collection. As you can see I have included a lot of red-its my staple this time of year CHECK OUT MY RED LIP GUIDE HERE. I'm also a matte lip fan and have included some nude mattes and of course my primark holographic set just in case, for P.A.R.T.I.E.S.

MY LIPSTICK MUST HAVES: MUA luxe velvet-TED BAKER-SLEEK MATTE ME-RIMMEL KATE MOSS-TANYA BURR COSMETICS.

 F O U N D A T I O N 

These are the two foundations I'm going between at the moment-I'm almost out of my Body Shop Matte Clay so will have to re-purchase that. My Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish is getting too dark now I'm so pale from lack of sun, and I find unless I prime it can go patchy. But I do love both.

FOUNDATION MUST HAVES-ELIZABETH ADREN FLAWLESS FINISH-THE BODY SHOP MATTE CLAY



I love golds and greens for my eyes, with brown or burgundy through my crease and lots of highlight. These palletes are the ones that made it through my cull. How Beautiful are they!

MY EYE-SHADOW MUST HAVES: ILLAMAQUA DEMISE-URBAN DECAY DELUXE PALETTE-NO.7 


A N D   B R E A T H - Y O U R   M A K E -U P   I S   S O R T E D







SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of watts up by benefit for highlighter and colourpop for liquid lipstick and eye shadows 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hoola bronzer and Sleek highlighter palette are my faves and definitely must have for the holiday season! Real Techniques brushes are amazing as well 😊

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the Hoola bronzer collection! I've got the Technique brushes on my Christmas wish list!
    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so satisfying hahah! I love the look of the Illamasqua palette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove sorting through my makeup!! Not that I actually get rid of a lot, but just tidying up is so good haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woow you've got a lot of make-up! I hardly have any but I know it's satisfying to sort through things. I do it once in a while with things in my room. It's definitely a good thing to do once in a while.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really good idea. I don’t have a whole lot of makeup but I’ve started a small collection of lipstick and things are a bit of a mess right now. I definitely need to organize everything and see what I want to keep and what I want to get rid off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so much makeup that I really need to get rid of as I don't use it or it's probably way past its use by date! I found the Body Shop All in One concealer was a bit too chalky and thick for me, the consistency was just really odd! I much prefer their 'lightening touch' concealer, it's brilliant for under eye circles! Collection concealer is forever the favourite though :)
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay I definitely need to do this! My make-up is all just thrown in one drawer, need to get myself some storage containers and categorise everything! You have some amazing products here, I absolutely love Tanya’s beauty range x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pics :) and great way to organise/keep your make up nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Collection concealer and the Hoola Bronzer are the best!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to do this! I really love the photography in this post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to do this so bad! I've got way too much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This has totally reminded me that I need to go through my makeup collection - I’m worst for buying and collecting foundations, as I probably have about twenty different ones, it’s terrible! 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never really had a problem with having my makeup sorted! I only have one foundation at a time, same with a concealer and mascara. I don't think I'm very adventurous when it goes to makeup shopping haha the only product I have quite a few items of is lipsticks! I'm definitely a lip product junkie.

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are so pretty and dreamy, I love all the pretty lights! I am the worst for leaving pencils unsharpened too haha, I loved reading all your beauty favourites :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’d love to invite you to come win a big bundle of Festive Disney goodies haha :D)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all great ideas I really need to update my makeup collection. I love real techniques brushes as well 😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great idea! I definitely need to take some time and organize my makeup collection as well

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your sharing articles. They are my cup of tea. Sometimes, I read articles to learn new knowledge. I hope I will add more posts. Thank you very much. email with love app freeemailwithlove

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig