January Blog Refresh

Its that time of year where we are all looking for fresh starts. What better time than not to give your blog a bit of a spring clean as well as kicking your old habits, and trying new ventures in other aspects of your life?



I have put together a simple guide to help you get on top of your blog admin and get your blog in top condition for the upcoming year. 

If you would like any further advice on any of the topic mentioned dont hesitate to message me on any of the following social handles:




I there any better time than the new year to get on top of your blog admin? Here are a few tips and ideas to get your blog on top of the game this new year. 

1. Broken Link Check (Here)
2. Check your domain score on Moz
(Set yourself a goal to increase this over the next couple of months)
3.Improve Old Posts
4. Create Your Look-A Clutter free SEO Friendly design 
5. Update your 'About Me' page 
6. Reach out to more bloggers
7. Reach out to Brands You would Love to Work With
7.Go Self Hosted (If you are not already) 
8. Reply To New Comments
9. Get on Top of Your Mail Box 
10. Connect your Posts-Link similar posts and group them in pages 
11.Add Meta-Links
12. Check Image Properties
13. Create A Back Log of Posts for January and Schedule them
14. Plan Social Media Posts
15.Schedule Tweets-Download Tailwind to help with scheduling Social Media Posts

Have You Read:

JANUARY BLOG IDEAS

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Great post! You have some awesome tips here, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve looked on moz for my score.... but help me! I’m confused

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently in the process of doing all of this but my god does it take a while!! I actually quite like most blog admin but some bits do get boring like broken link checking, I really hope to get over 20 with my DA soon :)
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Broken link checking is the worst! I'm still trying to work out where some of mine are haha! Me too that's one of my goals for this year!! Xx

      Delete
  4. Great post - I will definitely have to start doing some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some fab ideas!! Reminded me of some things I really need to be doing on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a very helpful post! Thank you for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often forget to do that, but I think it's so important to have a check-up on your blog every now and then. It makes such a difference! I'm in the middle of planning very exciting changes!

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a helpful list, it didn’t even occur to me that I should do half of these things! I will definitely have to bookmark this blogpost to help me remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice list! I’m so looking forward to going after my blog goals !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a handy post! You've just prompted me to check my moz score and it's gone up, which has made my day so thank you!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is amazing, I've actually been making improvements to my blog over the past few months and considering using Tailwind too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad you like it! It's such a good sense of achievement when you can tick off each improvement! 😊 Xx

      Delete
  13. This is a really useful list! I'm slowly working my way through some of these things but it's so much more time-consuming than people think. I've made myself a shiny new media kit and I'm now in the process of ticking off a list of brands to contact. Hopefully I'll get something fab from it! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alice! I'm sure you will your blog is amazing and any brand would be lucky to work with you! I need to make a media kit maybe I should add it to the list! Xx

      Delete
  14. All of these are on my to do list actually and I really hope that I get them all done this January! Broken links are such a pain to check and fix but it can really help your blog once they're fixed. I'm actually going self-hosted and moving to Wordpress which is so exciting :)x

    Anu | Based On blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your sharing. They tell me exactly what I want to know. They are awesome and helpful. Many viewers like me fancy your writing. Thank you for sharing precious information with us. email with love 2018, emailwithlove online

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig