7 Tips For Gorgeously Grease Free Hair

How I Make My Hair Last A Week. 

Im a big fan of leaving my hair alone. I love letting it grow long and in order to do this I need it to be strong. Over washing your hair strips it of essential oils, prompting it to over compensate and produce more, leading you on a slippery slope to grease city

Of course there are many factors that effect the production of oil, including hormones, diet, and lifestyle, but here are some fail proof tips that I love that help you to wash your hair less & stay in tip top condition. 


my hair on day 6 without wash 

GORGEOUSLY GREASE FREE 

 1- Gradually reduce the amount you wash your hair in a week, until it can last with one thorough wash a week.

2- Deep Condition is Key
Shampoo just once really massaging into your scalp-shampooing can dry out your hair causing more oil production so by just shampooing once you can help reduce this. Then go in with a really good conditioner or a hair mask-this will restore moisture and leave your hair shiny and new!

3- Heat protection is your best friend.
 Dont let your hair become dry and damaged, and reduce the amount you straighten and curl your hair, and your hair will be less damaged from blow dry the less you wash it.

 4- De humidity spray! 
This prevents, frizz and adds shine! Its an absolute life saver for me and restores my hair when I feel its lost some of its shine from the wash.

5- Texturising Spray.
 I have thick hair and I even love this for adding volume when I'm getting close to my next wash and I want to give my hair a bit of life back. Its essential for anyone with thinner hair who wants to add some volume without the need for washing.

6- Dry Hair Shampoo.
 Find one that doesn't leave your hair looking like you've just dunked your hair in talk and you are good to go!

7- Dont touch your hair.
Grease from your fingers will transfer onto your hair making it become greasy far quicker than necessary-a great way of protecting it is by tying your hair up!


THE PRODUCTS I LOVE


Vo5 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo
Mark Hill Taming Anti Humidity Spray
VO5 Heat Protect Spray 
Urban Sea Salt Spray 

Shop This Post:

I really hope this post is helpful to anyone looking to reduce the amount that they wash their hair. Not only will it save time and money but also plastic as you buy less shampoo which is also going to help the environment! 

 Please share this with anyone you feel would benefit from these steps and dont forget to follow me on bloglovin to keep up to date with all my posts! 

 Pin it

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I think my biggest problem is touching my hair! I feel like I'm constantly playing with it. I'm trying to keep it braided to help 😊 these are excellent tips ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea to braid it! thanks for your comment lovely xx

      Delete
  2. I touch my hair so much and I always get my boyfriend to play with my hair too as I find it so relaxing so I find it so hard not to wash my hair every other day! I always find if I use too much conditioner or one thats too rich then it completely clogs and greases up my hair too, it's so tricky aswell as mine has years of bleach on it too haha! I really want to train mine to last longer without a wash!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I love people playing with my hair too! Its something I've had to really try and stop but its so relaxing isnt it!! Oh really! Do you find it still does that if you apply it just to the tips of your hair? I love the colour of your hair its gorgeous!

      Thanks for the comment lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I missed one day of washing my hair and it was so greasy I couldn't believe it!! I understand why now and I will definitely use these tips!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope this helps! Let me know how you get on! Xx

      Delete
  4. These are some great tips! Unfortunately, it never worked for me. I have thin hair that gets greasy no matter what I do. I did go down to washing it once a week, but that was more of 'I can't be bothered' kind of thing, rather than a conscious decision to look after my hair better. But I do use dry shampoo! And I always condition a lot to avoid my hair drying out. Great post!

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no thats such a pain! Haha I think my washing it less definitely fits in for me because I can't be bothered with the amount of time it takes me to wash it :') Thanks for your comment lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. Because my hair is shorter now the grease seems to show up so much more, which means I have to wash it every 1-2 days :( Wish I could go a week without washing, hopefully once my hair grows a bit I'll use some of these tips!! xx

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It suits you so well shorter but thats a shame it shows up more! At least when its shorter its less of a hassle washing and drying it! Let me know how you get on with them when its grown a bit <3

      Delete
  6. I hate it when my hair gets too greasy for anything! I’ll definitely be looking at this post again to help ease some of that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks so healthy! Thanks for the advice Xx

    https://www.hebahpervaiz.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also find the correct shampoo and conditioner helps! I can go a good week with it not looking greasy, which is good some of the time especially if I'm away and have no access to somewhere to wash my hair. Your hair looks soo healthy and lovely. This post was great, very helpful aswell!

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer hair oil over hair masks but I have a bad habit of playing around with my hair 🤦🏽‍♀️ great tips hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I literally wash my hair every day, especially since starting at the gym as refreshes me and stuff. I wish I could get into the habit of only having to wash it once a week as I know how bad it is to do it daily! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great tips! I definitely need to deep condition my hair more :)x

    Anu | Based On blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips! Loved reading this, although I have a different hair texture, when my hair is straightened it tends to get greasy! I defo will try deep conditioning more x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge. I get good feelings everytime I read your posts. Thank you for sharing your insight. Your articles help me so much.
    emailwithlove2018, emailwithloveautoketing

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig