Motivational Monday-The Importance of Following Your Heart

Happy Monday lovelies!

Hope everyone has had a fab week?

Firstly, can we talk about how weird the weather was in the UK today...
I was in BRIGHTON with my friends this morning when we got a message from Bath where the red sky hit first. Laughing at the random OMG the sun is ORANGE, WHATS GOING ON!? messages-we were thinking yup the sun has always been orange 'that is a thing...'
I was on the train home when I actually noticed that the sky genuinely was really weird, like something out of an Apocalypse, or a sunset gone wrong.
So I took this picture on my walk home at 2 PM, to try and capture the uniqueness of it all, it looks as though the sun is setting in the evening!


ANYWAY...

The point of today's post is to remind everyone to follow their hearts. SO often, we are following our heads, logic, or what other people believe is right without us realising, which can lead us into areas of life that maybe our hearts just arent in.

Sometimes, a path can be right for a while, but then we change, our whole sense of being shifts and what used to make us feel content no longer does.

It can be so easy to stick at routine, just because;
Why change something when its so easy to carry on, even if it isnt making you feel happy?

So here are a few questions I try and ask myself frequently, in order to make sure I am ALWAYS following my heart, and staying as happy as I possibly can.


Who do you want to be?
What do you want to achieve?
Are you being true to yourself?
Is it making you happy?

If I can answer all these questions and be honestly happy with the outcome, knowing the path I'm on is leading me in the right direction, thats great.

If not, I change something.

Whether big or small, I find staying true to my heart and always finding the best outcome in any situation keeps me positive motivated and at peace with myself.

When I'm happy I can focus my time on making others happy too and that fills my heart.

Are you the type of person who follows their heart or their head? 
What changes can you make this week no matter how BIG or small to make you that little bit more content? 



SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Another fab monday post that really gets me thinking! I think we often forget that life isn't just a straight road and we're not all fortunate enough to choose something to study at 16 and love it and want to do it for the rest of our lives, I'm constantly chopping and changing my hobbies, ambitions and inspirations in life, not even out of choice, just because it's where my happiness and wellbeing leads me to stay sane in such a confusing world. The most important thing is to not be too hard on ourselves, no matter what age we're still growing and things around us are still changing and we need to adapt to it to live a healthy life. I'm not entirely sure whether I'm a head or a heart follower, probably somewhere inbetween.
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon being a bit of both is a good place to be! I tend to follow my heart but I also have a tenancy to over think and plan everything. I totally agree that we are all constantly growing and I'm the same I feel with each new thing I try I learn more about myself, its so easy to be hard on ourselves for not going straight into our 'DREAM' life but then again who does, it takes so much learning to find out what that really is!

      Thank you so much for your comment lovely <3

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite sayings is 'if you're not happy, change something' so important to follow your heart to keep yourself grounded and happy! Great post!

    Abi xo | www.wanderlustdaydreaming.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you hun, that saying is so true <3

      Delete
  3. I love your Monday posts they’re definitely vey motivational and they’re so interesting x

    Kayleigh Zara ��www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so important to keep thinking on what makes you happy. We often plough through life and day to day that we forget. I am definitely a person that follows my heart - but i guess my head gets in the way in terms of being practical rather than doing what i love or want. But its been a post that definitely got me thinking. Thanks for this motivational post.. needed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad it got you thinking. Its worth just considering what makes you happy so you can make small changes to get there, even if sometimes you do have to do what your head tells you.
      Glad it was of some help <3

      Delete
  5. I love your Motivational Monday posts. They really motivate me and I find it so important on a Monday. What a kickstart to my week! Thank you.

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay this makes me so happy! Im so glad you enjoy them and that they motivate you <3

      Delete
  6. This post really got me thinking, and really relates to my current situation.. I chose to make myself unemployed, because I just wasn’t happy in my job anymore, and I feel so much better in myself for it and I’m more content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge fan of your motivational posts, they always make me feel inspired to be more positive!x

    Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monday definitely seemed like something from a zombie apocalypse! It was crazy in the office, we were wondering why it was still so dark, then it started to turn orange... Very strange day! I look forward to your Motivational Monday each week, I love this weeks, these are definitely questions I ask myself too. It helps to continue your life and understand what needs to be changed.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Literally love these posts! Most of the time I'm following my head, but currently I've been super stressed so starting following my heart to better my MH x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a person who is a firm believer on following their hearts. I think I should actually use my head sometimes though haha but it can have a different kind of outcome in life

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo is amazing! I love this post, I always try to follow my heart although in some cases it may feel impossible.

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really and truly believe in this! I try to live my day by following my heart so if there’s something I don’t feel is right for me then I won’t do it! Such a great post!xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig