Motivational Monday: My letter to a worried mind

This Motivational Monday is dedicated to my mum, who worries endlessly about everything.

She is the most kind, most genuine person you will ever meet, and with this comes the burden of a heart filled with worry.

But what if it didn't have to be that way?

As J.K.Rowling so eloquently puts it

'What's comin will come, and we'll meet it when it does.'-Hagrid.

Image result for what's coming will come hagrid, harry potter, motivation, inspiration
Credit to hypable for this image

I once read that 'worry is a misuse of imagination', and I couldn't agree more. Our imaginations have the capability to take us to the most amazing places and achieve the most incredible dreams, they can bring us excitement and happiness. So why waste a single minute of your life worrying?

I'm not suggesting we dont ever think things through, or become all out reckless in all areas of life. But when your worrying prevents you from achieving dreams or doing day to day activities, thats when you need to take a step back, re-evaluate and remind yourself of just what your imagination was made for and to focus on those dreams that make you happy.

I hope this helps put things into perspective for you this week if you are particularly stressed or worried.
Are you someone who worries often, or the type of person who faces events as they occur?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Thank you SO much for this, definitely needed to hear that! xx

    Judanna xo // www.judanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I am so so glad you liked it! I think we all need it every now and again! <3

      Delete
  2. I love that 'worrying is a misuse of imagination' quote. This post is so spot on as well, pretty sure we all think like that sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hunni! I think thats true everyone has something they worry about, its just remembering to not let it get the better of you xx

      Delete
  3. I spend about 95% of my time worrying and it's such a horrible state of mind to be in, I really hope I grow out of it one day as I've tried so many things to combat it and nothing has worked! I love that Hagrid quote though, definitely one to be written down and remembered!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely guilty of worrying way too much. And overthinking. I wish I could stop and I really try my hardest! When I worry the most I just like to read some quotes or focus on the positive things. It's not a permanent solution but it makes it a little bit easier!

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely needed this today! Thanks lovely xx

    Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suffer super bad with anxiety, and spend so much time worrying about absolutely everything, so I really needed to read this, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worry all the time, and then I get stressed because I'm worrying. I'm hoping one day I'll worry less :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly worry 24/7 I’m literally the worst for it! I hope one day I can be less of a worrier but I can’t even imagine not being like it haha. Love the Harris quote, that’s a gooden! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Definitely some great advice, I do this a lot and it helps soo much! It's crazy to think how well it does to just stop and look at your life. I do sometimes worry soo much but this helps me to look at the situation.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a constant worried person. But this is a wonderful reminder to let go of some of that worry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely a worrier but I've been trying to do things even if I worry about something and that has helped me realise how pointless worrying sometimes is. When you're someone who overthinks a lot it's not so easy to just stop worrying though but I think I'm slowly getting there! Also, I love that you mentioned "worry is a misuse of imagination". I think that will really help me as well :)x

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Isobelle ❤️ I felt this was so motivating to read especially on a Tuesday morning!xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig