Eat Junk:Stay Lean-When Uneducated YouTubers Spread The WRONG Message

So I was recently in the depths of you tube, as sadly I often am, and came across this video named 'Eat Junk Stay Lean'.


lean, healthy, food, nutrition, junk food, food, fitness, fit,


Sorry WHAT?


At first glimpse this sounds like the ideal. But I have a HUGE problem with this. 

This is suggesting that the only thing that matters is the way we look. You can feed your body sh*t as long as you look fab! What kind of message is this sending out to young girls and guys as well!

We live in a society of information, we have platforms that we can spread really important messages such as body positivity and health. However, so many people spread misinformed ideas-in this case where is the information on the issue of eating junk food for your internal organs. The fat that will be building up around them and the lack of nutrients and anti-oxidants in a JUNK FOOD DIET.

Yes we all want to look our best, but predominantly we should be promoting health!

As someone who has studied nutrition as part of my nursing course I have put together a recipe for healthy cookies. Feel free to check those out if you are interested in loosing weight healthily or just maintaining a healthy lifestyle!

Rant over, thank you for reading.



SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Yeah honestly that is a RIDICULOUS message to send out, especially with eating disorders only getting more common and how would you even do it anyway? I'm off to find this horrible video now haha. We should be promoting healthy living and a healthy self-body image to everyone young and old! It's so easy to feel down about yourself in a world full of photoshop and where plastic surgery is glorified.
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I was in shock when I saw it! Why do people think promoting unachievable amounts of exercise and junk food is a good idea?! I totally agree, its so easy to feel down we should be building each other up, and promoting natural beauty. Thanks so much for your comment lovely xx

      Delete
  2. People direct so much of their attention to just how they think people should look rather than focusing on the actual health and wellbeing of people! Now I want to see this video to see how bad it is x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you. Health is so much more important than looks and this is what should be promoted. Looking forward to reading the other posts you mentioned

    Jess - queensapphire.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soo with you on this! I can't believe some of the things I see sometimes. Health is the most important thing always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with this! I’m a definite advocate of self love, after watching so many Grace Victory videos, and while it’s something I struggle with, it’s still the message I spread..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you on this!! Self-love is super important!x

    Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I know you should be happy in your own body but surely being healthy is just as important! I feel this is totally the wrong message to be sending out to people.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! When I first read this I took it in a completely different way than you did but now I come to think of what an awful message to be sending! We mustn’t have to feel forced to always worry and focus on the way we look! Glad you’ve written this post! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that health should definitely be the number #1 thing, not how you look! Although I completely agree, we all want to look our best but if I'd eat junk food all the time I'd feel like crap even if I'd be able to somehow look amazing while doing so. I wish people would realise that they don't need to be on a crazy diet and exercise every day just to be healthy - it's all about balance after all :)x

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so disappointing! I don't think some people realise the influence they have, especially on the younger audience! So irresponsible. How can you promote something so silly, it's all about healthy eating and feeling good, not eating whatever and looking slim. People like that should be ashamed of themselves. Well done for promoting healthy eating girl!

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. 100% agree with you! That video is ridiculous. We are meant to be fuelling our bodies with nutritious food not destroying it with sugar and fat.

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig