Healthy DIY Takeaway- Pizza

EAT YOUR FAVORITE TAKEAWAY EVERYDAY

#HappyHealthyMe

280 Calories per portion 

Healthy, Food, Vegetarian, Recipe, Vegan, Low Fat, dairy free, low calorie

Its a well known fact that Pizza isn't the lowest calorie option out there, and its more than fine to indulge in your favorite Pizza take out from time to time. But when it comes to everyday, you should still be eating the food you love, without the guilt and health impact of the takeaway variety. The key to maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle is developing healthy habits. I have a post on how to create a healthy habit tracker here-if that is something that is of interest to you.

#HappyHealthyMe. Every Monday I will be uploading a healthy version of your favorite takeaway meal, comment below and let me know which you would like to see me make next. 
Today I was requested by @subtlejamie on twitter to make a healthy version of Pizza so that is what I have done! If you do try this then share a picture with me on any of the following 



This is by far one of my favorite Quick Simple and Healthy recipes to date! I cant wait to here what you think. 


Healthy, Food, Vegetarian, Recipe, Vegan, Low Fat, dairy free, low calorie

Healthy, Food, Vegetarian, Recipe, Vegan, Low Fat, dairy free, low calorie

What You will Need:

For the base:

150g Rye Flour-£1.50 Sainsburys
1 egg (Please use vegan alternative if you are vegan)
Mixed herbs
1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum-(Not essential but helps bind)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbsp Almond Milk 


For the Topping:

75g Dolmio Hidden Veg Bolognese Sauce
(Perfect for getting extra veg into your kids! This sauce inst too high in sugar and due to the small amount used is completely healthy. If you would like me to make a healthy homemade pizza sauce recipe just let me know!)
Mushrooms
Olives
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Basil


Method:

Measure out 125g rye flour, and add xanthum gum, herbs and baking power. 
Mix in 1 egg and 3 tbsp of almond milk 
Flour your surface and place the dough on top. Flour over the dough and kneed until all combined and the dough is dry enough to roll out. 
Roll though dough out into a circular shape by turning the dough as you roll.
Bake for 5 minutes. 
Remove from oven and add 3 tbsp (75g bolognese sauce). 
Cut up a mushroom and add, along with olives and nutritional yeast.
Bake in the oven for another 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like your base. 






Save This Recipe On Pinterest


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Wow I love this recipe! I'm always looking for healthy ways to enjoy the food I adore and this is now going on my list! Thank you for this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! You'll have to send me a picture when you try it! Thank you so much for the comment! 💖

      Delete
  2. Loved this post, this pizza looks amazing thank you for the recipe I'll definitely be making one this weekend instead of a Dominoes! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! you have to let me know what you think! Hope you love it-thank you so much for the comment ☺️

      Delete
  3. I was just talking about dairy free pizza on my blog!!! Of course mine is frozen so I love that your's is homemade. Thanks for listing the ingredients and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Im off to check out your post now! Thats fine lovely! Let me know if you try making it!

      Emily x

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love making my own pizzas, it's something I do often! I usually use peppers, onions and olives for the toppings and then get some nice fresh rocket to put on top afterwards too to pack it out a little more, it's so yummy and a lot less calories and money than ordering in!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and quick recipe! I really enjoy making my own pizzas, they always come out so yummy and I can put whatever I want on it knowing it's good quality!

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why I love making my own! Knowing its healthy and has everything you want on it is the best! What are your favorite toppings?

      Emily xx

      Delete
  6. I love me a good pizza!!! Loving this recipe since it seems fairly simple for a pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too girl! Its so easy as you dont have to do any of the letting it rise or kneading! Thanks for your comment lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  7. This looks sooo delicious!! And actually surprisingly easy to make x

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lily! I know its so much easier than having to knead the dough and let it rise but it still tastes good! <3

      Delete
  8. This looks sooo yummy! I love loads of mushrooms on my pizza, I'd be adding tons haha. I've always thought making your own pizza would be a bit of a nuisance but this actually seems like a much easier way - I might just give it a try! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a liking for your posts. It is very nice of you to share your understanding. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content. thanks for the post.
    emailwithlovefree, email with love online

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig