Selena Gomez Recovers From Kidney Transplant




Shes a Disney golden girl and a role model for so many young girls today. Selena Gomez has once again sent out a strong inspirational message with her health battle against Lupus. 

She posted a heartfelt message on her Instagram (14th september 2017) explaining to fans about her surgery and why she had not been more prominent during her promo over the summer. Her friend Francia Raisa. Gave her ' the ultimate gift' by sacrificing her own kidney for Selena. Selena's said 'I am incredibly blessed.'

Lupus is an auto immune disease meaning that the body begins to attack a part of itself causing inflammation. 'Lupus can affect many parts of the body, including the joints, skin, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood vessels, and brain'.

There is currently no cure for the disease and treatment includes managing periods of flare ups.

Find out more:

As someone who is interested in health and science, this is a particularly interesting story to me. Have you ever heard of Lupus before? Would you donate your Kidney to a friend? 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I couldn't believe it when I hear about this! I've never heard of Lupus before, I suppose with this happening we will understand Lupus a little more.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was such an amazing thing for someone to do, I would definitely give a kidney to save a life!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this before I saw her post. My heart goes out to her, and everyone else. Glad her friend could do that for her x

    Lily | Covet Luxe

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a great role model! Although autoimmune diseases suck this is a good reminder that celebrities are just people too and you never know what's going on in someones life. I hope this will help people realise that xx

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know what Lupus was until she came out to talk about it! I admire her journey and her grace throughout it all!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig