Blogger Update-Topshop, Hello World...AND an Interview at ITN.

Hi Lovelies!
Happy Sunday.

The past two weeks have been CRAZY, so here's my update on what's been going on. I have combined two weeks into one as everything's been so busy I had no time to stop and reflect last weekend!




ITN-

Possibly the craziest thing was that I was invited up to London for an Interview with ITN. I was chosen as one of about 30 from 1400 applicants to be interviewed and learn more about the company. This was a huge boost for me as someone hoping to break into the media field, and something I enjoyed hugely-despite being beyond anxious...I was a wreck!

HELLO WORLD-

One of the best experiences was meeting Tom Daley, Jim Chapman, and Oli White. I'm a huge fan of YOUTUBE and have been following their channels from 2012. To be able to met them and chat to them was massively exciting and something I will hold on to forever. After this we went to Pizza Express where I tried their NEW VEGAN PIZZA-which was delicious!!
With this came another big step for me:

BIRMINGHAM! Last Sunday I drove the 3 hour trip to Birmingham and back again! I wont lie I was terrified. I've never driven long distances before and this was a 3 hour trip there and another 3 hours back on motorways! I am so proud of pushing myself to do this and although it may sound silly, this was a BIG achievement for me!


TOP READ AND TOP COMMENTS GROWING UP GUIDE-

Thank you to anyone who went over and read or commented on  VEGAN MEALS YOU CAN MAKE THE NIGHT BEFORE. This was the first month of the GROWING UP GUIDE and to be top read and Top commented contributer is honestly a dream come true. I was sent a gorgeous notebook from ohh deer, from my editor, which was so up my street being pink and printed in grlpwr font.


TOPSHOP-

I began working at Topshop this week. After having to leave university due to illness and trying to rebuild my strength, I began working at TOPSHOP. This has honestly been a dream of mine since I was about 14 and to be finally working there with a lovely team, is actually a dream come true. I can't wait to learn more about fashion and retail...Get Ready for A LOT of Topshop Hauls and Styling!!

Bonfire Night AND Charlottes Birthday-

One thing we ALWAYS do this time of year is go to my granddads model train club for fish and chips and fireworks. This year I had to drive the 45 minute trip after work and almost missed them! I did get to see a fair few on the drive down though! I managed to see the last 15 minutes of the show and they had kept my chips warm so all was good in the hood ;) We then went back to my grandparents, and played articulate, sang happy birthday and ate ALL the cake (The dairy free Carl the Caterpillar is insane!) Dan my brother even came down from up North to Celebrate and it was just the best family evening
On a side note my sister got the URBAN DECAY NAKED HEAT PALETTE from her friends and I couldnt be more jealous...I am coveting that palette so badly! 

Halloween

This week was also Halloween, for me this entailed eating junk food, and watching the final episode of stranger things-I hadn't seen any of the others but my sister made me watch it! 

Posts I've Published:

MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY: MY LETTER TO A WORRIED MIND



What have you been up to this week? Comment below I love finding out what everyone's doing :) 



SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I heard so many mixed views of Hello World, but I’m glad you had an amazing time and I’m proud of you for driving there and back, that’s definitely a big achievement! Super excited to see what you buy from Topshop over the next few coming weeks.. 🙊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! It was a mixed bag to be honest the live show wasnt fab but meeting them was great and overall I really enjoyed it! :) xx

      Delete
  2. congrats on the interview its always feel great to get that recognition! congrats also on the job for topshop. Working in retail can be fulling and you will learn so much - there will be ups and downs but it helped build my character and not to mention the discounts too - my wardrobe never looked so great lol. Well my bank account not so much lol. glad to hear you had a good experience at hello world I know there were some that didnt get a good experience but happy to know it went for you! I am also excited to see your topshop hauls too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Yes I have so much to learn I've loved it so far-where did you work? I do worry for my bank account every-time we get new stock I want something :')

      Delete
  3. Well done on your new job at Topshop! I can't wait to hear how you're getting on there. I heard so many negative things about Hello World but it's great that you got to meet some people you love. Also, you visited my hometown, wahey! You've achieved some really great things this month, you go girl x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!! Yeah the live show really wasnt fab and it was pretty manic so I can understand why people didnt like it but I really enjoyed it :) Aw really haha! Its my first time there! <3

      Delete
  4. Congrats on you new job! Sounds like it’s been a successful month! Well done. Also just out of curiousity what is ITN?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! Its the production company that makes programmes for ITV and Channel 4 :) xx

      Delete
  5. Aww this sounds like such a fun and positive couple of weeks, I'm so happy for you! Congrats on the job too, I can't wait to see all the sassy outfit pictures :) I heard so much bad press about Hello World too but I'm glad you had a great time, especially with the amount I hear the tickets were! I am well excited to try the Pizza Express vegan pizza too :D
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I cant wait to post them! Yeah I do get why people didnt enjoy it but we were super lucky and had a really good time! OMG girl you are going to LOVE it, you have to let me know when you've tried it! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. You've truly had a very busy week! Woow I'm sure that doesn't help with it being Halloween and Bonfire Night. Also massive congratulations on the job, that's great news! You've definitely had some positive weeks recently and I hope it continues for youu.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, you've achieved so much! Congrats on the ITN interview and working at Topshop would be a dream come true, you go girl! Great to hear everything you have achieved, loved this post x

    Chessie | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been busy!! Also congrats on being top writer - great achievement! Working at TopShop sounds amazing, good luck with that x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job that’s amazing! Everything sounds really amazing and I also really love the pizza express vegan pizzas x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com


    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've had really busy two weeks! Congratulations on your interview, it's such a great achievement. I know how nervewracking driving long distances can be, I've done it only a couple of times but I was super nervous most of the time. But I felt really good about myself afterwards, like I've just won a car race haha

    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for your accomplishments ! Congrats on working at Topshop! I work at my favorite retail store and you learn so much about the business !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you had a lovely time at Hello World and were able to meet some of your favourites! Also, congrats again on your job in Topshop :)x

    Anu | Based On blog | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig