Chocolate Oreo Truffles:Vegan

These chocolate oreo truffles were born out of a crazy evening baking for my friends christmas gifts. I stood looking at the ingredients I had infront of me (Oreos, Digestives, and Dairy Free milk chocolate) and decided truffles were the way forward. I did also luckily have some vegan cream cheese in my fridge as well to bind these beauties together. I say luckily but of course I had cream cheese in my fridge because it is a life saver in my milk free life. I have had a few people ask for the recipe for these and I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do! Please comment below if you do try them and of course if you aren't vegan/dairy free feel free to use non vegan ingredients that you may already have at home! 


What you will need:
  • .1 pack mint chocolate oreos
  • .4 tbsp dairy free cream cheese (I use Sainsburys)
  • .5 dairy free digestives (I use Tescos)
  • .200g chocolate (I like to use dairy free milk chocolate but any is fine!)
  • .Cocoa powder (for dusting)

Method:
Place the oreos, and digestives in a food processor and blitz until crumb consistency.
  1. Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of simmering water in a glass bowl until melted, ensuring no steam gets into the bowl. Or in the microwave for 20 second intervals stiring until melted.
  2. Add the cream cheese and a Tbsp of chocolate into the crumbs and blitz again until combined.
  3. take tsp amounts of the mixture and roll into balls between your hands.
  4. Stick each ball onto a cocktail stick and cover in the melted chocolate, placing onto a plate covered in parchment paper. 
  5. Once you have covered all of your truffles place them into the fridge to set for approximately 1 hour.
  6. Remove from the fridge and cover all over in cocoa powder
  7. Enjoy!!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig