Luxury Vegan Oreo Cookies

Valentines Recipe Swap with Glowsteady

The Perfect Valentines Gift 

So a new series that Sophie (from Glowsteady) and I are starting is a recipe swap. We will be setting each other the task of creating one of our own recipes, or creating a recipe with ingredients given by the other person each month. 

This month Sophie set me the task of creating a Valentines recipe with:
dark chocolate, Oreos, coconut milk, and almonds
These Super Chocolatey Luxury Oreo Cookies were the result. To find out how to make them keep reading! 

I would highly recommend these oreo cookies for a valentines gift. You can so easily make them and then wrap them up nicely. They are the perfect gift whether your loved one is vegan or not, who doesn't love a handmade thoughtful gift especially when it involves chocolate and Oreos!? 

Vegan, Vegetarian, valentines, oreo, chocolate, almond, cookies, dairy free, yum, tasty, recipe

Vegan, Vegetarian, valentines, oreo, chocolate, almond, cookies, dairy free, yum, tasty, recipe

Vegan, Vegetarian, valentines, oreo, chocolate, almond, cookies, dairy free, yum, tasty, recipe


Serves: 8

Time: 15 minutes prep, 12 minutes bake.

What You Will Need:

100g Dark Chocolate
60g Dairy Free Creme Fraiche
2 boxes Oreo thins
15g Sliced Almonds
3 tbsp coconut milk
1/4 cup almond milk
tsp Baking powder
75g rye flour 

To Make:

  1. Pre Heat Oven to 180c
  2. Melt 100g dark chocolate and 20g Creme fraiche- heat in microwave for 30 seconds and mix
  3. Break apart 16 oreos and add middle to a bowl with 20g (1 tbsp creme fraiche)
  4. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds, and stir to melt.
  5. Smash up the remaining biscuit part of the Oreo.
  6. Weigh out 75g Rye Flour, add baking powder, sliced almonds, crushed oreo and mix. 
  7. Add in almond milk, coconut milk, cream mixture and chocolate mixture.
  8. Cream together to create a sticky cookie dough. 
  9. Spoon out 8 portions of dough and pat down into rough cookie shape- it doesnt have to be neat!
  10. Place on baking tray in oven for 12 minutes. 
  11. In a bowl separate 8 more Oreo's with the centers in a bowl. 
  12. Add 20g of creme fraiche and melt as before. 
  13. Remove cookies from oven and wait for them to cool.
  14. Spoon over the white creme mix, to decorate. 



If you want to see what I set for Sophie-head over to her blog to find out what she made-I really recommend you do!

Let me know if you make these using the hashtag #VogueVegetarianBakes! I love to see any recipe recreations. Hope you enjoyed this post!


Pin It:


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. These actually look amazing! I’ve never tried vegan cookies so I’d love to give them a go, I’d have to swap the almond products but I’d love to try these and see how they turn out!!
    Abbie X / www.abbwhi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    https://tiateilli.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently went vegan-ish just because I have suddenly become quite lactose intolerant to the point where trace dairy will give me stomach issues. I love discovering new recipes because all the good desserts seem to have dairy in them!

    Thanks for sharing! x

    Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy!! I'm totally up for anything containing oreos and I love the idea of the challenge you and Sophie are doing, I'm not even vegan and both your blogs are my favourite for finding new recipes!!
    Alice Xx
    www.blacktulipbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so amazing, they're literally making my mouth water! Dairy has been making my stomach hurt lately so I'd love to try out some vegan alternatives x

    Alice | www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig